Donate $$ Now
A Year in Review HFHI
Habitat for Humanity: Calcasieu Area Inc. is an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing organization. Habitat for Humanity works in partnership with people in need to build quality, affordable housing. The houses are sold to those in need at no profit with no interest charged.
Habitat for Humanity ReStore Manager
Habitat for Humanity: Calcasieu Area, Inc. (HFHCA) is seeking a Manager for its Habitat ReStore location in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
MISSION: Generate revenue, meet budgets and maintain profitability objectives in support of HFH: Calcasieu Area, Inc.’s operations through the acquisition, management, and marketing of ReStore products. Create positive visibility and face of Habitat in the local community, presenting the mission and scope of Habitat for Humanity International and its Affiliates.
POSITION SUMMARY: Implements and drives programs for donations. Provides sustained Network development to expand the scope of Habitat ReStore activities and develop long-term, collaborative relationships with community based Trade/Business Groups, churches, donors and others to secure donations and raise awareness of Habitat’s mission in the community. Operations management, including: consistent, safe and positive development of Associates and assets in order to provide a high quality Donor to customer experience.
Viable candidates will have the following skills:
• A minimum of 3 years responsible leadership, directing successful teams and accountable for meeting objectives.
• Solid application of interpersonal and communications skills, internally and externally, with groups and individuals.
• The ability and willingness to call on existing and potential donors to increase merchandise in the store.
• Demonstrated ability in training, managing, leading and developing Associates in a consistent, positive and safety conscious manner.
• Basic computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, presentations and email.
• A history of successfully adapting to rapidly changing conditions with unexpected shifts in priorities.
• Ability to safely lift and position up to 50 pounds. Job could entail occasional bending, kneeling and reaching, often in awkward or tiring positions. Bulk of time will be spent standing, walking and otherwise assisting customers.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated:
• High standards of personal and professional integrity and accountability.
• Excellent Leadership skills including: Associate selection, training, coaching and developing.
• Team Building though positive and effective communications, empathy and strong interpersonal skills.
• Innovation based on sound business acumen and consideration of a range of risk and reward factors.
• Initiative represented by “a sense of urgency” energy, enthusiasm, attention to detail and follow up.
• Adaptability . . . a quick, sound and positive decision maker in rapidly changing conditions; anticipating, addressing and solving problems.
• A history of building positive, cooperative, mutually beneficial and long-term relationships.
If interested, a Resume should be submitted to “ReStore Manager Application”, P.O. Box 638, Lake Charles, LA 70602 and postmarked no later than 4:00 PM CDST, March 21, 2014; or delivered to 3551 Ave. C, Lake Charles, LA 70615 by that time. Those whose Resumes are being considered will be contacted shortly thereafter for further information.
(HFH affiliate) is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
© 2014 Habitat for Humanity Calcasieu Area
[ phone: (337) 497-0129 ] [ Contact via Email ]